About our research
In THENaL, we’re interested in how learning, performance, and decision making relate to the networks in the brain and how these networks change as we learn and grow. Our research applies modern neuroimaging practices and psychometric techniques to study the pattern of brain activity while completing specfic tasks and in specific scenarios. Our goal is to construct neuro-psychometric models that combines performance and brain activity data to assist in the education and assessment of our health professionals.
- Do different kinds of test questions assess the same neural reasoning processes?
- How do clinicians develop from novices to experts?
- How do we train better healthcare professionals and what impact can technology have on training?
- How can we assess interprofessional team decision-making during complex situations?
- How do we use and improve technology to better measure and assess neural processes?